Tuesday, September 11, 2007

so far...

so this far we've read gilgamesh, genesis, and some exodus and matthew....and really the most difficult thing for me has been reading genesis and questioning things I have believed my entire life. I consider myself very religious and spiritual and I have trouble sometimes just grasping that, and like having faith sometimes, which all people struggle with, but then reading Genesis and getting into a discussion with my Catholic mom and my non denominational dad...just got me thinking on so many things. for example I questioned whether or not we would be immortal if Eve had not eaten from the tree and just other things that unfortunately I cannot remember right now, but my parents and I had a great discussion about faith. so even though thats not difficult, it was something that came of my reading this selection. On the other hand, its made me question things, and then realize things, liek in class the other day when we were discussing the "mean" side of God and how he seemed hypocritical...well now I think that maybe he is telling us to not make the same mistakes because right now, in current time that is, we only learn from mistakes that have been made, not mistakes that COULD have been made, or things that are thought of...so if God hadnt made mistakes...what would His people learn from? nothing and therefore there would be even more chaos...whether im talking about now, or about biblical times, i am not sure of, sorry haha. I dont know, its also kind of hard to hear some peopel say in class that the Bible is just there as a tool to make people feel better...I TOTALLY open to all peoples opinions, but some things are hard to hear ya know? Like when someone says that peopel read what they need to in the Bible..ok I get what youre saying...but its still hard to hear...and maybe thats because I myself questions things sometimes...but I think everyone questions things all the time and that is part of growing and learning. I dont knwo if this made sense or if it answered the question...but there ya go! haha

No comments: