Wednesday, September 12, 2007

todays class

i have a few thoughts about todays class that I kinda wanted to say in class, but I never thought I could jump in. so here I go.

Just because one believes in a higher power, does not mean that they are wasting their time on earth, waiting to die so they can move on to the after life. You try to enjoy every moment and live life to the fullest because if you do believe in God or a higher power, you want to enjoy the things he has placed here for you. and yes, people do work for things, not everything is handed to people. and I understand and respect people and how they were brought up, some religiously, some to question everything. but what is their explanation for miracles? I mean, Im not trying to be rude or ANYTHING, all I mean is like...Im just surprised no one has brought it up in class yet...and also. Does asking a question of the Bible or of your faith make you a bad person and give you an automatic cell in Hell? I dont lie to think so...I believe in God and I dont think he wants us wallowing around His earth in a fog of confusion. we have brains, and we have the ability to question things, so why not? But again...that is what Im struggling with while reading this stuff...I DO feel guilty for questioning things in the Bible and certain things that I have always believed in...but in the end I come back to what I believe in, but with a better understanding...I dont really know where I was going with this but I just needed to write it out.

No comments: